Art encourages us to express ourselves aiming to foster creativity and empathy by changing your self-image and metaphor. The purpose of studying art is to mould the minds of children to develop a positive nature and appreciate natural beauty and it makes us strive more intently, think much more deeply, and feel joy more profoundly.
Subcategories: Architecture, Fashion, Painting, Music, Photography.
- What is the connection between art & design and leadership?
- Why should leaders know about art & design?
- What aspects of art & design are relevant for leaders? What can it teach them?
- Why should people working in art & design learn about leadership?
- What aspects of leadership are relevant for people working in art & design? What can it teach them?
- What are the different categories of art & design that the participants can learn about in relation to leadership? (For example: street art, architecture, fashion, graphic design… etc)
- Who are some historical figures that we can learn about the connection between art & design and leadership by studying?
- Who are the leaders in art & design today that are role models for leaders?
- How do cultural factors (e.g. Asia, Africa, N & S America, Europe, and individual countries) affect the art & design – leadership connection?
You are expected to do research on the theme of the year, “Leadership: Inspire the Change”, in the context of Art & Design. You may find the recommended resources below.
The study resources contain several movies and videos to watch, books and articles to read, topics to research, and questions to sharpen your knowledge.