Guidelines for Owlypia ONLINE
The next Owlypia Online Competitions will take place on 14.03.2020 at 08.30 am (GMT) for international students and at 01.00 pm (EST) for USA/Canada students .
Please consider any time difference and make sure to be present at your Owlypia Exam Centre (OWEX) at least 30 minutes before the Owlypia starts.
All participants have to take the test at the Exam Centres they are registered. It’s not possible to attend Owlypia at home or in any other place.
BRIEF SUMMARY: The Owlypia test is taken online using a smartphone, tablet, laptop or a computer which must be connected to the internet for 90 minutes. It is comprised of 90 multiple-choice questions. The test is strictly individual and takes place with no outside assistance or accessory of any kind (book, dictionary etc.). The test is supervised by an invigilator or a member of the exam centre staff who guarantees its proper conduct.
- By entering the Owlypia, the students agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Owlypia contest, without appeal.
- OWEX invigilators need to take attendance and let us know if anyone is not present at your OWEX via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pedagogical supervision is requested at all times while Owlypia is being taken.
- It is strongly recommended that students of the same school/institution start Owlypia Online at the same time.
- All questions are multiple choice. However, the order of the questions and answer options are randomised so that no other participant will be able to see the questions or answers in the same order.
- OWEX invigilators need to arrange contestants with a seating plan so that contestants taking the Owlypia from the same subject are not close to each other.
- Exam Centres should provide secure and good internet connection for the participants. Moreover, students are recommended to have 3G/4G connections on their phones just in case.
- For Owlypia, participants receive their individual usernames and passwords to login individually in their emails. Moreover, access links and codes will be also available to OWEX representatives.
- Owlypia assumes that the candidate is responsible for all infrastructure requirements, power supply and the Internet connection. Students will have to ensure access to a smartphone, tablet, laptop or a desktop computer.
- If in any circumstances, the candidate is unable to complete the contest within the allotted time, the completed answers will be taken as the final submission for evaluation.
- The questions cannot be copied and/or conveyed or shared online, in written or recorded form, or in any other manner with anyone.
- All prizes are announced on our website. There are 250 prizes for the Owlypia Online; 125 for Owlets and 125 for Owlys.
- Prize winners and their rankings are announced on our social media accounts within 2 weeks after the competition. Please follow us if you haven’t already!
- The prizes must be claimed in 30 days upon the announcement of results; otherwise, the prize winners will not be able to get them later.
- The prizes must be accepted as described on our website and cannot be transferred to another person or substituted for another prize.
- The certificates of participation and achievements will be delivered to the OWEX representatives.
Code of Conduct
- Participants should answer all the questions to the best of their abilities without getting help from anyone or anything.
- No external help from books, online resources, mobile or parental guidance should be taken while taking Owlypia.
- Contestants cannot use electronic or printed dictionaries to look up anything.
- Before the test, students must close all programs or apps except the Owlypia browser window. Contestants cannot open any other browsers or windows by the end of the test.
- The Owlypia system is well equipped to track the use of browser activity and/or any attempt from copying or cheating.
- Contestants who are caught in any kind of cheating will be immediately disqualified from the Owlypia.
- Contestants should not disturb or distract other participants attempting the Owlypia.
- Contestants are not allowed to carry any study material during the test.
- If Owlypia Committee finds out about a deliberate cheating attempt from a certain OWEX, our agreement with the OWEX is terminated and all students taking the Owlypia from the stated OWEX are disqualified.
Please send all your enquiries to email@example.com in case you have some problems during the Owlypia.
Instructions for the Contestants
During the test
- You must answer 90 multiple choice questions in 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes).
- Once you click on the start button, you will have 90 minutes to complete the test.
- All 90 questions come from your favourite subject.
- You will have 90 minutes to answer 90 questions.
- You cannot skip any question.
- You cannot use a dictionary or another resource to get help.
- You will not be able to return to the questions you have answered.
- All questions and answer options are randomised.
- Never click the “Back” button of your browser. Click the “Next question” button to submit your answer and go to the next question.
- If you encounter any internet connection problems during the test you can easily refresh the page and continue the test from where you left off.
- There are no penalties for wrong answers.
- Please use your time carefully and just select the correct option which you think fits best.
- The remaining time will be shown as a bar in the upper-right corner of the screen.
After the test
- After the completion of the test, Certificates of Participation and Achievement will be sent to the Exam Centres within 2-3 weeks.
- All results are announced on our social media accounts. Please follow us if you haven’t already.
- All discount codes and prizes must be claimed by the announced deadlines on our website.