HOW IT WORKS
By studying the content of each subject carefully, the young minds prepare themselves for the online competition. Each student will choose a favourite subject where 80% of the questions will come from. They are also expected to address 20% of the questions coming from the Common Ground.
All participants must take the online test at their school or at an Owlypia Exam Centre under the supervision of their teachers or supervisors. The test will be invigilated in designated rooms; however, any guidance or support will not be provided to the participants in any way.
The online test will be available to the students with a unique code/link, which will be sent to them by email in advance. Participants should follow the instructions on their screen on the day of examination.
The participation fee is £20 per student if registered through an Exam Centre and £22 if registered individually.
The online competition will take place on two dates in November and March. Both Owlypia tests will focus on the same theme “Creativity: Beyond the Borders”, but will consist of different questions.
DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS
Each participant will have the following number of questions from each resource category:
- 20 questions from the books
- 15 questions from the films
- 15 questions from the videos
- 15 questions from the articles/blogs
- 15 questions from the research topics
- 20 questions from the Common Ground
Total: 100 questions
During the competition, participants cannot change answers once they’ve chosen an option and clicked on “next”.
Top 10 students in each subject category will receive the following rewards:
- Gift cards can be used as discount coupons for
TIC Globals in Davos, Sydney, Cambridge or Harvard.
- If you are unable to attend a TIC-Global, you qualify to receive £100 gift cards.
- All gift cards and discounts must be claimed by deadlines below:
- Owlypia Autumn (24 November 2018) by 31 December 2018
- Owlypia Spring (16 March 2019) by 30 April 2019
FIND RESOURCES IN EACH SUBJECT
Young minds are expected to do research on the theme of the year, ”Creativity: Beyond the Borders”, in their favourite subject. You may find the recommended resources under each subject below.