LITERATURE & CULTURE
Literature, like a frigate in Emily Dickinson’s words, sits on the horizon of our lives to take us lands away. It is the Perpetuum mobile that turns the cogs of our existence: it inspires, enables, and transforms you into the person you will dare to become. It opens the future like a golden key. It allows you to experience other lives, other cultures, and other worlds, and grow with this knowledge. Fear not its magnetic allure: allow yourself to take the step along the literary journey, and remember: “We are all failures – at least the best of us are.” – J.M. Barrie
“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
Subcategories: Poetry, Drama, Novels, Short Stories.
You are expected to do research on the theme of the year, “Growth Mindset: Embrace Challenges”, in the context of Literature & Culture. You may find the recommended resources below.
The study resources contain several movies and videos to watch, books and articles to read, topics to research, and questions to sharpen your knowledge.
FIND YOUR RESOURCES FOR EACH COMPETITION IN THE BOXES
03 June 2023
- How is Growth Mindset related to my subject? (Art & Design, Science & Technology, Literature & Culture, Social Sciences, Economics & Business)
- How can a Growth Mindset boost your motivation and make you work towards one common goal?
- How can a Growth Mindset provide you with problem-solving approaches?
- How can your mindset affect the way you handle challenges in life?
- Is success always guaranteed if you have a growth mindset?
- How important is having a growth mindset in the professional world?
- What kind of a mindset promotes better results?
- What qualities should a person have in order to have a growth mindset?
- Can teachers instill a growth mindset in their students?
- How do you handle failure and mistakes if you have a growth mindset?
- How can someone change their mindset from fixed to growth?