OWLYPIA GUIDELINES – NOVEMBER 2018
Owlypia will take place on Saturday 24.11.2018 at 08.30 am UK TIME.
Please consider any time difference and make sure to be present at your Owlypia Exam Centre (OWEX) at least 30 minutes before the Owlypia starts.
All participants have to take the test at the Exam Centres they are registered. It’s not possible to attend Owlypia at home or in any other place.
BRIEF SUMMARY: The Owlypia test is taken online using a smartphone, tablet, laptop or a computer which must be connected to the internet for 90 minutes. It is comprised of 100 multiple-choice questions. For each question, there are five answers proposed for the Owlys and four answers proposed for the Owlets. Contestants must select the one and only correct answer. 80 questions cover the favourite subject category and 20 questions come from the Common Ground. The test is strictly individual and takes place with no outside assistance or accessory of any kind (book, dictionary…). The test is supervised by a teacher or a member of the teaching staff who guarantees its proper conduct.
- By entering the Owlypia, the students agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of the Owlypia contest, without appeal.
- OWEX invigilators need to take attendance and let us know if anyone is not present at your OWEX via email, email@example.com.
- A pedagogical supervision is requested at all times while Owlypia is being taken.
- It is strongly recommended that students of the same school/institution start at the same time.
- All questions are multiple choice. However, the order of the questions and answer options are randomized so that no other participant will be able to see the questions or answers in the same order.
- Arrange contestants with a seating plan so that contestants taking the Owlypia from the same subject are not close to each other.
- Exam Centres should provide secure and good internet connection for the participants.
- For Owlypia, participants receive their individual usernames and passwords to login individually in their emails. Moreover, access links and codes will be also available in your OWEX document.
- The results will be announced on 02.12.2018 on our social media accounts.
- Owlypia assumes that the candidate is responsible for all infrastructure requirements, power supply and the Internet connection. Students will have to ensure access to a smartphone, tablet, laptop or a desktop computer.
- If in any circumstances, the candidate is unable to complete the contest within the allotted time, the completed answers will be taken as the final submission for evaluation.
- The questions cannot be copied and/or conveyed or shared online, in written or recorded form, or in any other manner to anyone.
- There are 100 prizes for the Owlypia November; 50 for Owlets and 50 for Owlys.
- 10 students will get FREE REGISTRATION to TIC-GLOBALS and 100 students will win prizes worth £12950 in total!
- Prize winners and their rankings will be announced on 2 December 2018 on our social media accounts. Please follow us if you haven’t already!
- The prizes must be claimed by 31.12.2018; otherwise, the prize winners will not be able to get them later.
- The prizes must be accepted as described on our website and cannot be transferred to another person or substituted for another prize.
- The certificates of participation and achievements will be delivered to the OWEX representatives.
Code of Conduct
- Every contestant should answer all the questions to the best of their abilities without getting help from anyone or anything.
- No external help from books, online resources, mobile or parental guidance should be taken while taking Owlypia.
- Contestants cannot use electronic or printed dictionaries to look up anything.
- Before the test, students must close all programs or apps except the Owlypia browser window. Contestants cannot open any other browsers or windows by the end of the test.
- The Owlypia system is well equipped to track use of browser activity and/or any attempt from copying or cheating.
- Contestants who are caught in any kind of cheating will be immediately disqualified from the Owlypia.
- Contestants should not disturb or distract other participants attempting the Owlypia.
- Contestants are not allowed to carry any study material during the test.
- If Owlypia Committee finds out about a deliberate cheating attempt from a certain OWEX, our agreement with the OWEX is terminated and all students taking the Owlypia from the stated OWEX are disqualified.
Please send all your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have some problems during the Owlypia.
Instructions for the Contestants
During the test
- You must answer 100 multiple choice questions in 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes).
- Once you click on the start button, you will have 90 minutes to complete the test.
- 80 questions come from your favourite subject and 20 questions from the Common Ground.
- You will have 90 minutes to answer 100 questions.
- You cannot skip any question.
- You cannot use a dictionary or another resource to get help.
- You will not be able to return to the questions you have answered.
- All questions and answer options are randomized.
- Never click the “Back” button of your browser. Click the “Next question” button to submit your answer and go to the next question.
- If you encounter any internet connection problems during the test you can easily refresh the page and continue the test from where you have left.
- There are no penalties for wrong answers.
- Please use your time carefully and just select the answer which you think fits best. (The remaining time will be shown as a bar in the upper-right corner of the screen.)
After the test
- After the completion of the test, Certificates of Participation and Achievement will be sent to the Exam Centres by 2 December 2018.
- All results will be announced on 2 December 2018 on our social media accounts. Please follow us if you haven’t already.
- All discount codes and prizes must be redeemed by 31.12.2018.