HOW TEAM CHALLENGES WORK
- A group of three students form a team and work cooperatively to complete all the challenges successfully.
- All students compete in team challenges in two age categories; Owlets (ages 11-14) and Owlys (ages 15-18).
- All students register their teams online and prepare themselves for the challenges studying the recommended resources.
- The study resources contain several movies and videos to watch, books and articles to read, topics to research, and questions to sharpen their knowledge.
- All team members must compete in all 5 team challenges. For more information, click on each challenge please.
TEAM CHALLENGES IN OWLYPIA GLOBALS
HOW INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES WORK
- In Individual Challenges, students submit their work in one of the four challenges below. Then, if they qualify for the Owlypia Globals, they need to present their work in front of a jury.
- Students can participate in different Owlypia Globals but they cannot use the same project for each one.
- All entries must be received by the deadlines written on each Owlypia Global page.
- All individual challenge participants must take three challenges below:
- Project Presentation: A five-minute presentation in front of a judging committee.
- Knowledge Challenge: All questions are taken from the Common Ground section.
- Team Spirit Challenge: Teams of two or three are formed by the Owlypia Team.
- The categories below are open to individual participants; however, up to three individuals may participate in Short Film Challenge as a group.