How Owlypia Online Works
- Each student will choose a favourite subject where 80% of the questions will come from. They are also expected to address 20% of the questions coming from the Common Ground.
- It is compulsory to take Owlypia Online Test to go to Owlypia Globals as of 2019.
- Any student aged 11-14 (Owlets) or 15-18 (Owlys) can enroll to take part in this online competition.
- Participants must choose their favourite subject and prepare themselves for the competition
- Students need to use the recommended resources indicated under the subjects.
- All participants must take the online test at their school or at an official Owlypia Exam Centre under the supervision of their teachers or supervisors. The test will be invigilated in designated rooms; however, any guidance or support will not be provided to the participants in any way.
- The online test will be available to the students with a unique code/link, which will be sent to them by email in advance.
- Participants should follow the instructions on their screen on the day of examination.
- All Owlypia Online Competitions focus on the theme of the year.
- Each Owlypia Online Competition consists of different questions.
- The participation fee is £20 per student.
Owlypia So Far
The first-ever Owlypia Online Competition took place on 28 February 2018 with over 960 Owlypians participating from 28 countries. The second Owlypia had 1350 participants from 31 countries on 24 November 2018.
As this first step is completely online, the only requirements are having an internet connection -wired or wireless-, invigilators, and an adequate space for the participating Owlypians. It’s much easier with a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) approach: all you need is bringing your own laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Distribution of Questions
Each participant will have the following number of questions from each resource category:
- 20 questions from the books
- 15 questions from the films
- 15 questions from the videos
- 15 questions from the articles/blogs
- 15 questions from the research topics
- 20 questions from the Common Ground
Total: 100 questions
During the competition, participants cannot change answers once they’ve chosen an option and clicked on “next”. In case of a tie, the faster Owlypian wins. For more information and guidelines, please click here.
Owlypia ONLINE Prizes
Each participant receives a Certificate of Participation and a Report Card showing his/her individual scores.
Gold, silver and bronze medal certificates are given based on the following percentages:
- 15%: Gold Medal
- 16-35%: Silver Medal
- 36-60%: Bronze Medal