SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
The indispensability and vitality of scientific knowledge and technological inventions are more than obvious at all aspects of life these days. Therefore, contemporary society is not characterised by more than anything else but Science & Technology and its importance is demonstrated in the daily lives of people. Science & Technology encourages to improve the quality of education, increasing the interest in science creating a technologically literate workforce and providing recognition for outstanding achievements by students.
Subcategories: Life Sciences, Innovation, and Engineering
You are expected to do research on the theme of the year, “Leadership: Inspire Change”, in the context of Science & Technology. You may find the recommended resources below.
The study resources contain several movies and videos to watch, books and articles to read, topics to research, and questions to sharpen your knowledge.
1 – Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
2 – Whale Rider (2004)
3 – Kung Fu Panda (2008)
1 – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (1999)
1 – PewDiePie
2 – Avicenna
3 – Jennifer Anne Doudna
1 – The Mind Behind Tesla, SpaceX, SolarCity by Elon Musk
2 – How Simple Ideas Lead to Scientific Discoveries by Adam Savage
3 – NASA: Past, Present and Future (by YouTube channel Futurism Originals)
4 – How Great Leaders Inspire Action by Simon Sinek
5 – Neuroscience and Leadership (by Youtube channel HGS Concept)
6 – How art, technology and design inform creative leaders by John Maeda
7 – The 6 Leadership Principles at TESLA & SPACEX by Elon Musk
ARTICLES & BLOGS
1 – Novel Fabric Could Turn Perspiration Into Power by Bethany Brookshire
2 – It’s Time For Businesses to Embrace Young Leadership by Sarah Sladek
3 – Alexander Graham Bell (by History.com Editors)
4 – How Neuroscience Will Make You a Better Leader by Laura Garnett
5 – How Technology is Disrupting the Way We Develop Leaders by Michael McGowan
6 – The True Story of ‘Hidden Figures’ – Forgotten Black Women Mathematicians who Helped Win the Space Race by Maya Wei-Haas
7 – How a Computer Science Background Can Make You a Better Leader by Laurence Bradford
- What is the connection between science & technology and leadership?
- Why should leaders know about science & technology?
- What aspects of science & technology are relevant for leaders? What can it teach them?
- Why should people working in science & technology know about leadership?
- What aspects of leadership are relevant for people working in science & technology? What can it teach them?
- What are the different categories of science & technology? (For example: AI, computer science, environmental science, game design… etc)
- Who are some historical figures that we can learn about the connection between science & technology and leadership by studying?
- Who are the leaders in science & technology today that are role models for leaders?
- How do cultural factors in individual countries affect the science & technology and leadership connection?